Artist Statement Research

dinsdag 17 mei 2011
Lea Redmond
Leafcutter Designs
My dream is to find, or make, something so striking that, when I open my clasped hands and reveal it to you, your world is turned upside down, you fill with possibility, and your eyes start to twinkle.

How do old ways of thinking/feeling/doing unravel, and how do new meanings cohere? I am looking for the cracks and seams where our everyday realities suddenly (or perhaps slowly) split open and offer us new possibilities for living. Art is the necessary revealing of that which we have overlooked and – perhaps quite precariously – taken for granted.

I want my art to be a different kind of “activism” – an appeal to the playful heart of humanity. Most people don’t want to hear about your cause and sign your petition, but they will stop to consider something strange and marvelous. I am trying to create accessible experiences by playing with the relationship between the ordinary and the extraordinary.

Jason Barnhart
Website
Let's do things people will talk about.

Slinkachu
Website
The street-based side of my work plays with the notion of surprise and I aim to encourage city-dwellers to be more aware of their surroundings. The scenes I set up, more evident through the photography, and the titles I give these scenes aim to reflect the loneliness and melancholy of living in a big city, almost being lost and overwhelmed.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten