Research - Mapping and ARGs

maandag 31 januari 2011
Mapping

I am trying to use Prezi to map out my research and process. It is till a bit of a try and error to use it but I have a feeling that it might work for me.

Prezi website


Alternate Reality Game

The ARG genre is a big inspiration how to use the world as the platform of the game. Even though one might know an ARG there is no real definition of the genre. There a different views on what makes an ARG. I remember when I went to the ARGfest 2010 that there still many ways to use the idea of an ARG. During my visit there I sometimes felt that they might make the games a bit to hardcore and therefor never really get the mainstream audience to play along.

This brings me to a post I found of a company that do make ARG like games. He explains many things I have also observed. Though, he wrote this in December of 2008 I feel that these issues still are current.
Everything you know about ARGs is WRONG

The thing I am mostly curios about is what they call the Rabbit Hole. The first contact between the players to the actual game. How do we guide them to the game and keep them captivated to play.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten